Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Istanbul in My Heart Part II

"Effemdim, tuvelet nerede?" This bey with beer belly shoot me the the direction to the gents immediately. Its getting hotter in this Marmara Hotel, in the midst of Taksim Square, when all the Liverpudlian ran amok after their undeserving victory. Hoho! The dinner was good, a selection of iskender kebab and pilav and lahmacun.


"Perhaps desert will be the essence of the night". But the staring eyes made me uncomfortable. I am a 15 minutes celebrity. And chain of well wishers greeting "Merhaba and Nasilsiniz" making me looked like an extra who just standing out of nothing while holding my tombak, just like the old malay movie. This is life, round and round it again, ups and down, ups and down.

*********************

The seats on the boat cruising along the Golden Horn were comfy, a couple of madly in love sparrows roaming freely, without any worry. And the summer August sea gust blowing her blonde hair softly, embarking all the envy eyes with sorrow. Mungkinkah mereka sedang mencarut di dalam bahasa ibunda mereka” Hell, like i care. All that i care now is to enjoy this magical moment.


We chatted and chatted with all our valor, as I am an honest clown of the universe. No wine to accompany, only mint tea which enough to elate me from my travesty. Late that night, she sent me home, which did drop the jaw of my bald neighbour , who was walking with his German Shepherd, (ya , Hanafis can adopt dog), on his way to the nearest 24 hours shop, to buy a packet of studded condom (ok la, the condom tu, I just create it up).


"Good nite Tugba, it was a divine moment and drive safely dear. See you tommorow?" To which she replied in malleable, connoted by a very sweet smile. "Ok, perhaps we should do this again?"


Yay!


Aye Ole Constantinople, how lovely you are,
Leander’s tower, Topkapi palace revealing in the apostle light,
Soaring minarets,
Church of Wisdom standing side by side,
And budak kampung selekeh with the eminent beauty of a Turkish’s
maiden might.


The end is not here, we'll meet again at the Final series Istanbul in My Heart III. At undisclosed time and effort.